Monday, July 9, 2012

How I Became Gluten and Dairy Free Part 2

  In the last blog, I left off right after having gallbladder surgery and shared that I have had digestive issues since. This is what led me to do more research in order to find out why and what I could do about it. It was something that I had in the foreground of my mind, however other things would often distract me from digging deeper; that was until I went four days without "eliminating" and it scared me to DEATH. All I could think of was the toxins invading me during this "problem". I freaked... and when I freak I am as serious as they come. I was eating tons of salads, raw veggies and fruits, I was taking my daily colon cleanser and even succumbed to sucking down sludge , aka"Psyllium fiber with juice"; nothing was helping.  My hot research topic switched gears and "eliminating" aka "pooping" became my subject for Google... yep completely south!


   I learned a lot, and this knowledge led me to call Suzanne Gray, a colon hydro-therapist in the Tampa area. After seeing her and receiving the treatments she offered, my thoughts on the link between digestion and illness were solidified. She is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and I am SO glad I had this "problem" because I got to meet her. I left that first treatment feeling amazingly better and knew I was finally getting to the "bottom" of my problems. (She did NOT pay me to say that... I have not even told her that I mentioned her yet.)


  In addition to my treatment, she handed me a list of what to eat and what not to eat; it was the "Modified Elimination Diet". Not a diet to lose weight... a diet to lose, well.. ya know the "dirty business". And guess what, I FOLLOWED IT! I did not care if I had to give up something I loved, I was going to do it anyway if it meant never having to go four days without " my paperwork"! Lucky for me I was already eating many of the things that the list had on it because I have typically been a healthy eater most of my life. My mom raised us that way, I hated it then but today am forever thankful. (thanks Mom) 


  The change this new eating lifestyle has given me could not be more positive and I will honestly share that my "machine" is working better than ever. At age 38, I am now the same weight I was in my mid twenties (that was 3 kids ago), I no longer need afternoon naps, instead? I feel like I could run a marathon.  It wasn't hard. I did not feel robbed or depressed, or deprived of something. I FELT GOOD! I will share with you this "secret list" of "what not to eat" (it's not really a secret but if you have never seen it then we can pretend ;) so, come back next Monday to get your copy of that "Elimination diet". Until then "happy trails" ;P




PS> NO... this is not my stomach. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment