Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Toxic truth: Topical Absorption PART 1 with a bonus recipe!

You buy organic veggies, milk, meats and snacks... you are very careful what you eat, eating healthy almost all of the time, however you still have bags under your eyes, you get sick more than you should, you are tired and lethargic, you can't lose that last 10, 15, 20 lbs and cannot combat that belly bulge that you have been battling forever! What in the WORLD is the problem? You are told that your metabolism has slowed down... you are over 30 and that is what happens to people over 30, so you give up and just accept it.

Well... I am here to share with you that there IS a problem, and it very well may be your metabolism, but it is NOT because that is what happens to people over 30. It has to do with the fact that for the past how ever many years old you are that you have been absorbing toxic chemicals directly into your bloodstream through the use of products that you apply topically. Yep... your shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body washes, shaving creams, deodorants, cosmetics, skincare, perfumes, colognes, smelly-good lotions and sprays; the list goes on and on and on. How many things do you apply to your skin on a daily basis? I challenge you to wake up tomorrow and begin counting. Just counting how many times a day you wash your hands will be at least 10 or more (let's hope... if not please don't invite me over for dinner.) Everything that touches your skin gets absorbed into your largest organ; your skin. The body's first line of defense and your most important exit point for toxins.

Respiration through perspiration right? Right... so if you slather your body in petroleum, other occlusive oils and toxic ingredients how well do you think your skin is breathing? (cough- gag- spit) I know it's a tough one to swallow. Look, I am not trying to make you a worry wart, I am simply trying to educate you on some REALLY important stuff. With knowledge, you have power and with power in the way of your health, you will "live long time" and that is our goal right?  Okay maybe not yours... but it is one of my goals. I do NOT want to spend my golden years hooked up to machines, laying in a home to rot away with bed sores or swallowing a handful of pills each day to be able to have "quality" in my days. I am a horrible pill taker, I forget the one I am required to take every day now to replace the thyroid function I lost when they sizzled mine out with radiation. 


I pay VERY close attention to the ingredients of EVERYTHING that touches my skin. I would be more open to down an entire bag of nacho cheese Doritos with all of their MSG before I put petrolatum, mineral oil or toxic chemicals on my body to be absorbed into my bloodstream. I mean let's be honest... those Doritos would only last until my "natural waste" system kicked in, but once something is in your bloodstream it is wrecking havoc on every vital organ in your body. THAT is something you really need to process for a moment!






So... this is an intro to my ingredient nerdy world. And it will be continued... next Monday. I will dive in a little deeper, giving you lists of ingredients to run like hell from and the reasons why. I of course will also share with you what I use and recommend and you can do with that what you will. No matter what, the goal here is to help you BE INFORMED! I want you to know what you are exposing yourself to. When you can help it why would you not? When you can prolong your life and live it vivaciously and full of life why would you not choose to do that? Do you have kids? Do you want to watch them grow up and meet their kids one day? I do. 


Unfortunately, we live in a country that cares very little about our health, they care about their profits and their bottom line. With that being said, we have to be proactive and spend a little more money where it is necessary to protect it or one day you will be swallowing a handful of pills just to get through your day. 


To be continued! Come back on Monday!
Until then here is a fantastic gluten free dairy free recipe from my kitchen to yours!




Gluten Free & Healthy Fried Chicken
by: Shelley Giard




4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (I prefer organic, not genetically modified)
Safflower, Sunflower or Canola oil
Tones brand seasonings:
¼ cup each of Garlic and herb seasoning & Rosemary Garlic seasoning
2-3tbs Black pepper
2 cups Bob's Redmill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (use rice milk if allergic to nuts)


In a bowl combine seasonings, pepper and flour
In another bowl pour in almond milk


Take chicken breasts and soak in milk being sure to cover completely for 2 minutes. Place chicken one piece at a time into bowl with flour and cover both sides. Place on a plate. Give each piece of chicken a second "dip and coat". Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat (pour in enough oil to just cover bottom ¼ of chicken breast) Place chicken breasts into oil and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes untouched. Flip chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes. flip to each side once again and cook until done. (165 degrees in fattest part of breast with a meat thermometer). 


Serve with brown rice or dairy free mashed potatoes (recipe to come) and your favorite steamed veggie! Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment