Monday, July 30, 2012

A Toxic truth: Topical Absorption PART 2

So last week in Part 1,  I made you aware of how products that you apply to your skin affect your health when their toxic ingredients get absorbed into your bloodstream. This week I am going to give you a little more detail on that, some links to back up my story, and a link to some personal care products that are safe for you and your family. I want to help as many people as I can live healthier lives... to be knowledgeable about what they put in and on their bodies because it's the only way we can fight against what we have shoved in our faces every day that make us sick. Why? because I GOT SICK. My thinking is that if enough people become educated, our country will be forced to find another way to make money and stop doing it at our expense. Call me crazy, I can take it. One person CAN change things but their is more power in numbers and when supply meets demand it forces decisions to be made.

 I would like to share some fantastic articles that I found in my own research when trying to find out why I got sick. We all know that there are food ingredients that cause cancer, but did you know that there are more carcinogenic ingredients in our topical products than in food? As I stated in part 1, these ingredients are getting sucked right into our bloodstream within seconds of hitting our skin. (Lovely huh? Argh... my blood boils when I talk about this stuff, DEEP BREATH.) Okay, whew, moving on. Here are some helpful and educational links. Look out for the ingredients that are listed in your everyday personal care, use the lists to then clean out your cabinets after finding these ingredients in your personal products, that is if you CARE about yourself "personally."

The top 24 list. Ingredients to avoid in your personal care:
http://cincovidas.com/toxic-truth/ingredients-to-avoid-in-personal-care-products/

Endocrine System issues?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/opinion/28kristof.html?_r=3

Links to sites that I found to be both knowledgeable and interesting: (There are more to share)
http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/cosmetics/diethanolamine.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21425950
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_health_risks_of_sunscreen
http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/toxic-ingredients-in-cosmetics-new

Does your child have ADHD? My daughter was diagnosed by a neurologist at age 5 and I do NOT medicate her. I tried it for 15 days and I was dealing with a child that had a split personality. NO THANKS! I instead control her diet which relieved ALL of her symptoms.Want to know how? http://www.feingold.org/research.php

A link to the site that I personally use for pure, safe personal care, nutrition and wellness products:
http://www.beautynerdwellnessgeek.myarbonne.com/

I encourage you to do your own research as I have. It is because of what I have learned that I am more aware and less of a victim; I control what I put on my skin and in my body. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks now for things that will give me years of healthful life because to me... it's worth EVERY extra dollar. What price will you put on your health and vitality?

I am passionate, so I share with others. I want to help you fight cancer and sickness by teaching you what to stay away from. I have been absorbing and inhaling chemicals my entire cosmetic career, and hope it's not too late for me. I will share that last year when I had my gallbladder removed, my surgeon told me that I had the largest liver she had ever seen. It scared me... because a large liver often means cancer or some other liver disease. I have 4 children who count on me and at age 38 I did not want a death sentence. Luckily after tests were run, I was given a clean bill... no cancer and no liver dis-function or disease. They came to the conclusion it was because of my 21 years as a cosmetologist, I have absorbed and inhaled my share of garbage ingredients, but those days are over too. If it is unhealthy for my clients I don't use it, I don't want to harm people and I do not want to absorb it. This is serious people, it's no joke. At 38 I am now getting liver check-ups as part of my yearly physical, and it's not so that the doctor can put more in their pocket, nor is it because I am a raging alcoholic. Be aware, be concerned... but most of all, BE PROACTIVE!



Thanks for stopping by! Come back next Monday for more. If you like what you read, I encourage you to share with those that you care about, and even those you don't!

©Shelley Giard 2012








No comments:

Post a Comment