Monday, October 22, 2012

Toxic Truths part #3

A few months back when I first started this blog I decided to begin analyzing what made a more successful blog. I wanted to get into the mind of my readers and see what it was that they wanted to read about. It's psychology and well... I am good at that stuff. I have been posting different kinds of things on different kinds of topics to see what is read the most, what titles catch people eyes etc. I have learned that people are liking the more controversial posts. The ones that "blame" someone for something that is hurting us, killing us, making us wrinkly and overweight. It's been interesting, exciting and sad.

It's been interesting simply because I  like to see how people think, it's been exciting because it has taught me more about what is going to help me in my writing career, and sad because it says that people like controversy... not harmony; and that is TOXIC; one of the worst kinds of toxin you can absorb. MENTAL toxins. But the right kind of mental information will help you. Things that make your heart pound are better for you as long as it's the truth and about something that will make you life better and more fulfilling.

Appreciate and absorb the good in things instead of the bad, the happy things, not the angry... the things that make your heart come out of your chest with compassion... not the ones that bring you feelings of animosity, jealousy or bitterness.

THAT's mental health and wellness. Unhealthy surroundings are unhealthy... period. Yeah, things may be harder, if you change your scenario, but you are better off in the long run. TRUST me.

I hope that you get this message tonight. I know it's short, it may not have any yummy meals attached that you can cook for yourself or your family, but it definitely has something you need to bite off and chew.

See you next Monday! Until them GET healthy!
Shelley Giard

No comments:

Post a Comment