Monday, June 18, 2012

Let the New Blog Begin....

There's nothing like being roped into something when you already have a lot of things on your plate, but since I have been asked too many times to count to share my beauty secrets, endless research results on health and wellness, as well as my gluten free-dairy free lifestyle recipes, I figured a blog was the easiest way to share all of these things with the masses at leisure. My clients already get the benefits of my Encyclopedia Britannica-like brain; my bottomless knowledge bank of all that I have experienced, read in books, picked up from articles and magazines, as well as through my own online research. Now I will bring this material in condensed versions to the internet once a week via blog posts. The best part is that it all has to do with becoming a better you. My other blog www.shelleygiard.blogspot.com will help you work on your heart and soul and this blog will  help you work on the rest. I figure that covers it all.

This post is simply going to voice what I believe in. The first official informative blog post will be on Monday, June 25th. I encourage you to interact... make comments, ask questions and I will do as I should and respond to them. I hope to create a following of like-minded people who strive to become a better, healthier, happier you. I will share both fact and opinion and will let you know which is which so I won't confuse anyone.

WHAT I BELIEVE


I believe that we can all be healthier, more vibrant, feel younger, look younger, and teach our kids that taking care of ourselves is important; it is what God intended. I believe that we can do this by becoming geeks about ingredients that we ingest and by learning about the things we put on our skin that absorb into our bloodstreams. I have been a practicing Cosmetologist for 21 years, I have tackled some health issues relating to chemical absorption. In 2005 I almost died from thyroid storm as a result of undiagnosed Graves Disease (overactive thyroid). I had my gallbladder removed last year after a random attack and have experienced digestive issues since. I have lost many, many friends to cancer and know many who battle it now; It was not a household disease when I was a kid and there is a reason for that. All of these things combined led me to become more informed and over the past seven years I have done just that and with that knowledge I have changed how I do things and it has changed my life!

I love to research, so my "geek squad" hat will save you some trouble, but feel free to follow it up with your own. I believe that the more proactive you are about your health, wellness, and appearance in the purest way possible... the better off you will be. Being self-employed, I went for years without health coverage, so it was up to me to stay healthy if I did not want a boatload of medical bills. My "health care" is to live a healthy lifestyle, it's a choice and I hope you too will make this choice.

I am a tell it like it is kind of girl, you will either love me or hate me for it... bottom line is... I stink at candy coating. I am sure some of my topics will be controversial, and that's okay... we all have opinions and I welcome yours as long as you respect mine. However,  I will never post anything that I don't have facts to back it up. I hope you enjoy this new venture as much as I do.

Subscribe now and don't miss a post!

XOXO
~Shelley Giard~

No comments:

Post a Comment